TRAINING FOR RESPONSIBLE ALCOHOL SERVING
WSWC trains hundreds of people each year and also provides “training of trainers” to representatives from community groups throughout the state as a service to the communities of Connecticut. Contact WSWC’s Community Programs Manager, Jackie Carlino (firstname.lastname@example.org) to schedule training or to learn more about TIPS.
For more than 20 years, TIPS has been a global leader in education and training in the responsible service, sale, and consumption of alcohol. TIPS is a skills-based training program designed to prevent intoxication, underage drinking, and drunk driving. By building on individuals’ fundamental “people skills,” TIPS provides the knowledge and confidence they need to recognize potential alcohol-related problems and how to effectively intervene to prevent alcohol-related tragedies.
TIPS receives recognition from insurance companies, liquor boards, the alcohol beverage industry and law enforcement. State and federal officials cite TIPS as a valuable public safety tool.
The focus of TIPS Training is on responsible consumption, whether it’s at a bar, restaurant, ballpark concession, hotel, or university. Participants leave TIPS training prepared to:
- Recognize signs of intoxication
- Spot underage drinkers and prevent sales to minors
- Intervene quickly and assuredly in potential problem situations
- Understand the difference between people enjoying themselves and those getting into trouble with alcohol
- Handle alcohol-related situations with greater confidence
- Use proven strategies to prevent alcohol-related problems
Click here for the tips brochure
For more information or to schedule a training session, please email email@example.com